Web Calibration/Training for Screeners-Dentists and Hygienists
Note: Visitors are welcome to view this course, but only dentists and hygienists are allowed to conduct the oral screenings and are responsible for the PSP screening results. It is mandatory that dentists and hygienists complete the Calibration/Training each school year.
- It may be helpful to print the PSP Screening Form and the Calibration/Training Slides for reference during the training video.
- View the YouTube Calibration/Training video. The Closed Captions will play automatically. You have the option to turn off the Closed Captions by pressing the CC button on the tool bar at the bottom right of the video screen before starting the video. The Closed Captions interferes with the pictures on some of the slides.
- After you have finished the training, complete the Calibration/Training Completion/Registration Form. Please complete the 5 question quiz and the registration form. You must answer all 5 questions correctly. After you submit the form, the certificate for the training for 1 CEU (continuing education credit) for dentists and hygienists will appear. Complete the form and print/save the PDF for your records.
Varnish Volunteer Training
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and complete the online Varnish Volunteer Application Training (link below) to apply the fluoride varnish to children participating in the preventive Services Program. We recommend completing the training each school year. Instruction to watch the training and receive a certificate are as below.
- View the Varnish Application Training by clicking on the YouTube link or the PDF link.
- After you have finished the training, complete the Training Completion/Registration Form. Please completed the 3 question quiz and the registration form. You must answer all 3 questions correctly.
- After you submit the Training Completion/Registration Form, a screen will appear with a link to the certificated for the training for 1 CEU (continuing education credit) for volunteers. Complete the form and print/save the PDF for your records.
If a large group views this training session, please have all participants complete the form individually. If this is not possible, contact your OHC for paper forms.
Video -Varnish Application for a Small Child
Instructional video for volunteers who will be applying fluoride varnish to a small child’s teeth.
Thank you for volunteering to help improve the oral health of Missouri’s children.
Email us or call us at 573-751-5874 for more information or questions.